“If things came easy, then everybody would be great at what they did, let’s face it.” Mike Ditka
“You can do what you have to do, and sometimes you can do it even better than you think you can.” Jimmy Carter
“Unless you try to do something beyond what you have mastered, you will never grow.” C.R. Lawton
“What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.” Zig Ziglar
Coaching helps. It helps in sports, politics, theater, dance, music and even project management. And the reason it helps is because no single person can excel at everything required of them.
Good coaching can help you gain confidence in what you already do well and can help you in the areas you need to improve. It can help you work more effectively with others, deal successfully with difficult people, learn new project management skills and become more confident in your abilities.
GPS offers one-on-one coaching. Our sessions do not follow any script, but are specifically targeted to the issues you bring to the consultation. Here are some of the general topics that have been explored.
- Working with a difficult team member.
- Improving my effectiveness and influence by becoming a better workplace negotiator.
- Closing the gap between what I know, and the difficulty and frustration in applying what I know in tough situations.
- Handling a difficult and demanding project sponsor, steering committee or project management office.
- Making myself heard in the presence of top management. But doing this in a way that improves not damages the relationship.
- Solving problems and maintaining influence in difficult political situations.
- Coping with very different working styles of bosses and subordinates.
- Frustration with a project because others are eroding my authority.
- Receiving very little praise and no appreciation for my hard work.
- Improve my out-of-the –box thinking.
- Improving team dynamics
- Dealing with a project that is not going well.
- Managing situations that could be harmful to my career.
- Determining how to handle a situation that involves ethics.
To achieve the most benefit, you need to bring at least one goal to the coaching sessions and you must be ready to participate and focus on addressing this issue.
All sessions are with me, Barry Shore PhD.
Because my workload can get quite heavy at times, I limit the number of coaching clients I can accommodate.
Most of my coaching is done over the telephone or video Skype. We try to arrange a time that best fits with your busy schedule. Naturally, your sessions are strictly confidential. Even if your company pays the bill, I will not discuss, under any circumstances, anything we cover.
If you are interested, I encourage you to give me a call and arrange for a 20 minute consultation. During that time we will discuss the issues that you would like to address and your goals for the coaching process. There is no charge for this initial consultation.